Mobile Home Insurance
South Texas Mobile Home Insurance:
Your mobile home is where you live and where your possessions are. But more than just possessions and assets, it’s your home and you need to protect it.
Mobile home insurance provides peace of mind when:
- Bad things happen – insurance provides a safety net for you and your family when certain unfortunate events happen like a hurricane, fire, flood, theft, burglary and vandalism. You need liability and guest medical protection too. For example, if your neighbor slips and falls in your kitchen, you might need these coverages to help pay for their medical expenses.
- You need to replace, repair or rebuild – if your mobile home were partially destroyed by fire today, you would need the financial resources to replace or repair the damage at today’s building costs.
- Your lender often requires it – when you purchase your mobile home, you will probably need to provide proof of insurance with a policy “in hand” at your closing. If your lender provides you with an insurance policy, very often it is only a “single interest” policy, which means you are only protecting what is owed to the lender and you are not protecting your equity in your mobile home. In order to protect your equity, you should shop for mobile home insurance through an independent insurance agency.
- You have special items – protect more than your home; protect specialty items, such as decks, awnings, porches, storage buildings, jewelry, silverware, business property, cameras, cellular phones and more with extended coverage options.
How Alliance Insurance Can Help
If you have any questions or concerns about the right amount of insurance to place on mobile home, we are happy to assist you. We offer excellent plans through a large number of reputable mobile home insurers and will help you determine the level of coverage and price that is best suited to your individual situation.
As a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agency, we are able to shop over 20 South Texas homeowner insurance companies to find the policy and price that’s right for you. We have maximum flexibility through our large choice of companies to better serve your individual needs.
Determining the proper amount of coverage can be difficult. There are a few factors that need to be considered and evaluated before choosing the right amount of mobile home insurance coverage. Your agent will discuss these with you at the time of insurance purchase.
- Read Your Policy Carefully – not all mobile home insurance policies provide the same protection and they may not cover some things you might expect them to cover. Coverages may vary on such things as replacement cost versus actual cash value, windstorm coverages, flood coverages, extra living expenses, and more. If your policy excludes flood or windstorm, you may want to acquire those protections with a separate windstorm insurance policy or flood insurance policy or both.
- Be Properly Insured – determining the proper amount of insurance to place on your property is your responsibility. It is important to know whether you have a Replacement Cost (RC) or an Actual Cash Value (ACV) policy.
- Replacement Cost – policy will pay to replace your property at current mobile home or content costs.
- Actual Cash Value – policy will deduct for depreciation after a loss.
- Coinsurance Penalty – Coinsurance penalizes you for under-insuring your property. In order to avoid a “Coinsurance Penalty” it is important that your property is insured for at least 80% of its RC or ACV (depending on your type of policy) at the time of a loss.
Alliance Insurance can assist you with your mobile home insurance. Mobile home insurance can be very confusing. Depending on where your home is located (distance from the coast, elevation, inside city limits, etc) different companies may better serve your insurance needs. Alliance Insurance Agency is very familiar with the Coastal South Texas area and knows their companies’ underwriting guidelines well. We can help you decide which company is right for you.
If you would like a mobile home insurance quote, please drop by one of our offices or contact us today and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible during normal business hours.
Insurance We Provide:
Personal & Home Insurance
As an independent insurance agency, we are able to shop over 20 Texas insurance companies for you in order to find the insurance product that best fits your needs. Moreover, when it’s time to renew your policy, we will once again shop our companies to find the best product for you.
Personal Insurance Services: Auto, home, mobile home and recreational vehicle insurance